Sleeping well is crucial because it helps us recharge our batteries and prepares our body for the following day.
Unfortunately, nearly 50% of the world’s population suffers from sleep disorders. Studies have shown that those who sleep too little/badly have a shorter life expectancy than those who sleep well. Usual consequences of an incorrect night’s rest are tiredness, drowsiness, fatigue, and nervousness. Conditions that affect both the physical and mental health of people. Sleep problems can be triggered by many factors such as irregular and too hectic life, bad habits, the use of electronics late at night, eating late, drinking a lot of coffee and alcohol, and back or neck pains.
The photo below shows a little trick on how to sleep well and relieve back and neck pain.
Here is a mini checklist to do before going to bed:
- Go to bed when tired, possibly at the same time of the day.
- The bedroom must be warm enough.
- Light food or dinner at least two hours before going to bed, and a few alcoholics or stimulating drinks help deep sleep.
- Better to sleep in the dark: alternatively, the use of night masks is recommended.
- Limit noises because the nervous system of hearing remains active even during sleep.
- Regularly do a light workout before going to bed facilitates sleep and is particularly suitable for those suffering from insomnia.
Book here an appointment at Fit and Healthy Chiropractic for treatment of a slipped disc online and receive 20£ off.
When to change a mattress?
A mattress or pillow would be advisable to change every 5-7 years, but also after a significant change in your life (heavy weight loss, pregnancy). Choosing the ideal mattress or pillow depends on factors such as your general health condition, preferred sleeping position, personal weight, and that of your partner. Your chiropractor will not only take care of issues that can affect the quality and timing of your sleep but will also be happy to give you practical advice on choosing the right mattress and pillow for you.
If you are curious to find out how chiropractic can help you get better, book a free 15-minute consultation by filling the from below.